Friday, April 9, 2010

What Kind of Country Is This

when stuff like this happens? 

A Pakistani-American cab driver in New York lived in "a mixed but mostly white area of Queens , with many Italian-Americans, some Jews, and he thought some Irish.  After the [9/11] attacks, some of the men had come to him. 

'My wife does not go out without a head cover,' he explained.  The men had come to tell him that if anyone bothered her, or his family, he must come to them. 

'I must tell them and must not be afraid.  Do you know,' he said in a voice suddenly sharp, 'what would have happened if Americans had done this kind of attack in my country?  Every American -- every Christian, every non-Muslim -- would have been slaughtered, blood would have run in the streets.  I know the kind of country this is.  Thanks be to God I can give this to my children.' " 

-- Dorothy Rabonowitz, Wall Street Journal, 8 April 2010

Such behavior! 

3 comments:

  1. I found you blog through the Optimistic Curmudgeon. I am impressed with your research and delivery. Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. Come often. For the moment, there is more commbox action at the livejournal version
    http://m-francis.livejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete

Wonder and Anticipation, the Likes of Which We Have Never Seen

  Hello family, friends and fans of Michael F. Flynn.   It is with sorrow and regret that I inform you that my father passed away yesterday,...